Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - HWH air leveling service?????
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 12:59 AM   #28
HoosierDaddy

Thumbs up LAST CHAPTER (I hope)

I sent the brain box(bb) and the touch pad TP) to HWH. They replaced a circuit board and a resister in the bb and the on/off switch and the vinyl "skin" on the tp. Newell found a "used" manifold to replace the drive axle control manifold that used the square s'noids. I also purchased all new round s'noids for the drive axle. I bought new ridewell height control valves for the rear axle. My project for this week was to install everything but the HCValves....My neighbor is a truck mechanic so he did those for me...I'm not equipped to remove the tires which was necessary for the installation. I now can drive down the road at the proper height and the leveler seems to work great too!!!
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread! This project could have progressed faster but I am very slow to spend money replacing parts until I have fully determined that they are faulty. I have learned a lot as well which is part of the satisfaction of "DIY"
I continue to be concerned by the fact that the motorhome rests with the rear tires against the body before the bump-stops have touched. The tires protrude beyond the outside skin of the body The fiberglass Wheel opening mouldings cover the tires but the metal body (inside the flares) has rubbed a groove approximately 1/4 " in from the outside edge of the tread. It has 11.00-24.5 tires on it. I'm wondering if the tires are oversize or if there was a mistake at the Newell factory when they installed the bump stops???
1993 Newell 45'#316, 1976 Trans Am 455, 1967 GTO, 1953 Chevrolet 3105 (panel truck),1952 Chevrolet 3600,1969 Airstream Overlander. Always fixing something!
HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote