Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - HWH air leveling service?????
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 02:18 AM   #29
fulltiming

If HWH replaced the circuit board, there must have been a problem with the controller itself. Did you try it with just the new circuit board and touch pad before replacing the manifold, ride height valves and solenoids? Any of those four components could have caused the problem. It should certainly fix the problem with all of those components repaired/replaced.

As far as the tires resting against the body, all the early '90's model Newells I have seen all sit on the fiberglass wheel openings when the suspension is dumped. I am surprised that your fiberglass wheel flairs clear the tires as they certainly didn't before 1993. The 11R24.5 tires are the original tire size. Have you set the ride height to 12" from the ground to the bottom of the square tube that runs just inside the lower panels just in front of the rear tires and just behind the front tires? If the ride height is set properly and the coach is allowed to pump up the suspension in Travel mode before it is moved, you should not be seeing the tires damaged by the body. My coach has over 146,000 miles on it and I have only the third set of rear tires it has ever had. I never saw the first set of tires but the second set had been on the coach for over 12 years and 60,000 miles when I bought it and they had no signs of the body scraping them. I IMMEDIATELY replaced those tires due to severe cracking on the sidewalls and in the threads. The replacements I had installed (the third set of tires) have been on the coach for 2-1/2 years and have about 18,000 miles, again with no sign of the body contacting the tires.

If the ride height were REALLY low OR if the coach were moved prior to the suspension being raised bad things can happen to the tires.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote