Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Hello Newell Owners
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #9
HoosierDaddy

Hi Ralph and Debbie,
These guys have pretty well covered the bases. Minor points that I might add:
Are you mechanically inclined? An older coach will require more tinkering but may be easier to work on.
How big do you need? Newer coaches less than 42' are rare. My first Newell was a 1978 35' 96" wide...easy to maneuver but we wanted a little more room. I was looking for a late 80's 40' when I found a deal on our current 45' 102" wide w/tag axle. It is larger than we need and camp-sites for the big-rigs are sometimes scarce.
Tires are very important. I would recommend that you get a tire expert to determine the date the tires were produced before you buy. A blowout on these rigs can be very dangerous and expensive. I've seen tires that look fine come apart because of age.
DRIVE SEVERAL different ones and be sure you are comfortable...especially if you are not used to driving a larger vehicle. There are times when you only have one opportunity to make that tight turn if your flat towing a car behind you and cannot back up.
The coach you are looking at is beautiful...that was the vintage I was shopping for when I found our current '93. I like the classic style.
Stop in if you are in Indiana!

www.kimmellhouseinn.com
1993 Newell 45'#316, 1976 Trans Am 455, 1967 GTO, 1953 Chevrolet 3105 (panel truck),1952 Chevrolet 3600,1969 Airstream Overlander. Always fixing something!
HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote