Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 1
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:32 AM   #152
Neweller

A
242 2/8/2001 11:59:04 AM 2/10/2001 Bill Bouchor wdb@open.org Engine/Transmission/oil/temperature I too have experienced a little heating problem, I think. Just had the radiator removed, cleaned and a small leak repaired in our 1983 6V92. Had the transmission serviced and AMSOIL synthetic installed (I'm a dealer). Transmission temp rarely gets much off the peg unless pulling long hills in very hot weather. Engine oil temp usually runs around 190-205 degrees but as of late, the water temp is showing strange signs: The instrument needle will jump up and down a little when up to highway speed and seems to be running closer to 212 degrees. In the past it pretty much followed the oil temp. Is it possible that my water temp sending unit is going? It's up on the back of the expansion tank on the back of the radiator and I see no loose wires. Can anyone tell me how to test this to be sure it is sending an accurate reading to my dash instrument?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote