Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell classic shopper!
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 03:32 AM   #9
fulltiming

Excellent points 77. I also found when I bought my coach that the tires were 12 years old. Since there were obvious signs of cracking in the treads and on the sidewalls, I had planned to replace them anyway. The body damage that can be caused by a tire failure is too significant to risk on 8+ year old tires.

I also replaced the house batteries which would no longer hold a charge. Belts and hoses will deteriorate over time. If you don't have record of them being replaced during the past 8 years, it is a good idea to change them out. Replacing radiator hoses is particularly a good precaution. Engines don't like a sudden loss of coolant. Also checking the condition of the coolant (SCA test) is important.

I had the engine dyno'ed and the transmission fluid, oil and filters (oil and fuel) changed as a general maintenance item before I ever took it on the road. If the air filter hasn't been changed out or the air flow seems restricted, it should also be replaced.

These items apply to any used coach that has a few years on it.

The Newell provides a solid, well constructed platform to work from, making it a great choice for updating.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote