Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - How Do You Know If Luxury Coach Ownership Is Right For Us
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
fulltiming

Renting first is an excellent move. My wife and I had 'camped' in our Starcraft conversion van but didn't like the idea of not having hot water other than using a small microwave oven we stuck under the seat. It was OK for a day or two but just not us. We bought an older 23' Airstream trailer and now had indoor running water (hot and cold), heat, A/C, a multi burner stove, oven, 8 cubic foot refrigerator and were on the way to enjoying RV'ing. We then rented a motorhome and enjoyed it so much that we decided to start fulltiming. At that time, we were still watching our $$'s so we upgraded to a 34' Airstream. We lived and traveled in that Airstream for several years. At that point, we knew we could live together in an RV and were enjoying the travel so we switched to a motorhome. The more you travel, the more you will like a motorhome. If you like to sit in one place month after month, there are less expensive RV's out there but if you like to move every few days or every week or so, you can't go wrong with a motorhome.

As far as roughing it, my wife's favorite saying is her idea of roughing it is having to stay at a Holiday Inn.

The important thing is can you and your bride live together in very close quarters for extended periods. If the answer is no, it is unlikely that you will get much 'value' out of any coach but especially an expensive motorcoach.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote