Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Batteries not Charging all the way
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #33
jmacstack

The latest update as of Friday the 1st is this: Western States Cat removed each battery and trickle charged each one with 2 amps until charged. They load tested them and all were barely marginal to bad. They did not get consistent readings on each battery. Every repeat test gave them different information but no battery tested better than marginal. They also checked the alternator output as well as the battery charger output and all was good with both. They called Batteries Plus which is where they got the batteries from. Batteries Plus said that with that big of a battery they have to be load tested a different way. It involves a test over time under load with a specific drop in voltage over a specific period of time which takes hours on each battery. That test will happen on Tuesday. 3 tests so far, all say bad batteries. I doubt Batteries Plus will have any different results. Western States Cat has outstanding customer service and is completely standing by me and with me on this. I'll keep you all posted. I think when the batteries were new less than a year ago, they were not totally full of acid, which is why I had to put over 3 gallons of distilled water in them early spring. Everyone including me, failed to remove those covers when they were first put in my coach to check acid levels. We all assumed they were full and ready to go. With the minimal usage(only charging all winter) they were ruined. This is my theory. Jennifer
1987 Newell, 40ft #143
DD 8V92 Silver
2010 Cannondale Tandem
No Name Tandem Mtn Bike
1973 Triumph GT6
2012 AWD 4-door Mini-Cooper
3 Ford Trucks
Just another fanatical motorhead
jmacstack is offline   Reply With Quote