Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Newell Coach Squish Effect. Values?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #10
Yachts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post
Yachts, you definitely seem to be on the same page as I am. That is almost exactly how I see it. Some people get it and some don't. I have to believe some are not willing to take that big of a bath or maybe forget it's been 10-12 years since they originally purchased their Newell.

And instead of the old adage in real estate.....location, location, location....it's....condition, condition, condition.....

Now regarding the '95s, your assumptions is close, but they did come with both 8v92's and S60's. This was the changeover year.

If anyone's been reading around here, you will read where I've been trying to get some brave souls on board when the time comes to do major engine repairs, that to take the plunge and upgrade the engine. This will surely pay dividends for most of those who do. Of course you can't pay through the nose to do this, everything has to be relative.

I wish Newell would do slides for a reasonable amount, but I don't think that option will ever come to fruition, since they charge $150k per slide on new orders. If I had a shop like I used to, I would attempt it without second thoughts. And I would do them just like the factory does them, level. It's just a process of duplication, it can be done.

Maybe we should start a new biz.. Doing slides to older Newell's... Lol while we are at it lets replace basement airs with roof airs too.. My 96 was one that had basement air issues.. And park on concrete with them I needed a fan under the coach to keep the air circulating and not build up heat...
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote