Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - New Newell Owner in waiting.
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #33
slateblue911

Photos are here: http://www.stevereevesphoto.com/

So I have been cleaning out everything that I know wasn't original when built. I am very suprised at how well everything is still intact. The worst part so far is the flooring. The linoleum is shot and the orange carpet has very bad dog odor. From doggie accidents! I have posted several photos at the link above. Part of the photos are of the carpet being ripped up. The carpet is stapled down and it is a pain to get all of the staples out.

Does anyone know what the pedal to the left of the steering column is? I think it is the High/Low switch for the trans but I am unsure. We drove it all the way back from Oklahoma with this pedal down on the floor. it felt as if we were missing a few gears. I didn't realize that it was connected to the trans until I pulled the carpet. Tehn It seemed to make sense that this probably was some sort of shift controller. If anyone knows please correct me.

The only part of the Newell that I probably cannot fix or replace is the Toilet. This is a fold up/down version and I cannot find a replacement. The previous owner riggged it a little. I would rather have it fixed correctly. If i cannot find a replacement I may have to use the original and make a new mold. That would be a last resort though.

It also appears that in the largest cargo hold on the drivers side there is a vacuum tank and a brake booster. This does not appear to be the original configuration as there is a brake booster right behind the drivers wheel and just in front of this cargo hold. I can't seem to find where to put the brake fluid either. If anyone knows please inform me.

Please feel free to look at the photos and ask any questions. Iflarger photos are needed please let me know.

I'm on my way back to pulling staples and ripping out the older carpet.

https://www.newellclassic.com/gallery....php?album=145
slateblue911 is offline   Reply With Quote