Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Interesting article on using Lithium Ion Batteries.
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
Neweller

This is some great information. I'm going to contact this company and find some more information about availability etc.... This is impressive, and I'm glad to see some great feed back coming in on these baby's.

This statement from the site is impressive in itself:

Apparent Advantages with Lithium Ion Batteries
First and foremost, I did not have any problems or issues with the batteries over the last ten months. They performed perfectly. I traveled and stayed in hot weather (above 100° F) and cold (17° F). I was in mountains and on flat land. I was close to the Mississippi River in Louisville, KY just before it crested and lived in 10 days and 11 inches of hard rain—moisture wasn't a problem. I spent about two months very close to or on the Atlantic Ocean—salt air wasn't a problem. I was parked for over 30 days at one period plugged into 50 amp shore power. We didn't run the coach or generator at all. No problem.

With lithium ion batteries, your small electric motors (solenoids, etc.) in the coach should last longer because you get "All the volts, All the Amps, All the Time." I had two slideout motors replaced just a few days before I got these batteries last year. During the ten months I have tested the lithium ion batteries, I have NOT replaced any electric motors on my 2007 Monaco Dynasty and we live in it fulltime, therefore, we really do "use" it.

Since lithium ion batteries weigh so much less than the normal ones, it would seem logical that I'm getting a bit better fuel economy but I can't confirm that.
As previously stated, I took 611 pounds of excess battery weight out of my coach.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote