Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Please tell me what the difference is between the top brands are
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #19
jack14r

I understand that the owners of Marathon decided that they would either sell the business or continue in business but they would not invest any more assets into it,as a result the deals with the Nascar customers are over.The current Featherlite owners are selling a few to a variety of racers but they don't seem to be interested in selling to the traditional buyer.I think that this type of product must be sold by an educated salesman and not a dealer like Tom Johnson who is selling tag trailers to POS motorhomes.If you look at those that have and are successful in the ultra high end motor coach world the standard is that the customer deals with the factory,Newell,Liberty,Millennium,and Marathon deal direct to the customer and I would not purchase this type of product from a dealer.The low number of units is really interesting,back in 07 there were about 165 Prevost converted,now about 50 are converted for motor home use,the big 4 have virtually no new inventory,they are selling it as fast as they are building it,I think that this has opened the door for Newell and Foretravel to attract a customer that might not have even looked at their product 5 years ago.