Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Full Time Dream!
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #260
khpaladin

Prescott Valley

Clarke, (Continued #2)

We initially travelled to Carson City, NV where we decided to keep the storage items, and continue
reorganizing. We decided to go to Rapid City, SD to get all of our domicile registration taken care of.
Unfortunatelly, 'Mother Nature' snowed us in for a week in Evenston, WY, after which we decided to head for
Denver, CO and see our daughter and grandson. Wyn has been to snow country but never where it came down
on her, so the winters of '03-'05 we spent Denver, and Colorado Springs, CO, sure glad we have the 'Winter
Demo Coach'.

In summer '04 we went to Rapid City, SD, did our registering, got some 'doctoring' done, and got DishNet
installed. In '05 & '06 we spent some time in Las Cruses and Demming, NM, and Benson, AZ areas. Since I
was still working projects, Wyn would pick a spot she wanted to stay at and we would setup the coach and I
would travel to where the project was and return, I completed my last project in late '06. We started touring for
about two years through TX, from Alpine to New Braunfels, and from Mission to Sherman.

We met a lot of great people along the way, have stayed in contact with most, and due to various problems we
stayed to help. We stayed in Sherman, TX to help a friend who had and died of cancer. At the park we stay at in
Denver, we helped the manager teaching people who were newbies, made electrical and plumbing repairs to
fixed income people rigs that could not afford the ecential repairs, and made repairs to park equipment.

When the manager/wife at the park in Cheyenne, WY had a stroke, Wyn and I went up there to help out and
ended up managing the park until she recovered, and it happened at 'Frontier Days', what a zoo. We have
never asked to host, but we have ended up being ask to do so for one reason or another.

At the park in Elephant Butte, NM, we were asked to replace a host couple that up and left, and we did. The
following winter we went there because of all the friends we had made, and were asked to host because the
park was short handed, and we did. The last 1.5 years we ended up staying there to host, train, and manage the
park, because they were short handed, all new hosts, and the manager/husband had kidney cancer and had to
have one removed.

We are now away from all that, stayed at Albuquerque, NM to have long overdue service on the coach, and
'doctoring' done. While here we replaced the dieing 11 gal Raritan water heater. We decided to go with a
Kenmore 10 gal residential, it was way cheaper, we rarely used the off-engine, and it works great. Moved to
Denver to see the daughter and (taller than grandma) grandson, get additional 'doctoring' done, have the
'towed' overdue service done, and start attacking the 'todo' list.

Wyn & Ki Punilei
"Have Newell Will Travel"
'81 40' Newell Coach
'86 Honda Accord
"Squeak" the Feline Princess
khpaladin is offline   Reply With Quote