Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - On My Way
Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #54
chockwald

We left the KOA at Lordsburd, NM this morning around 8:45am......turning on to HWY 70 I started to use the east bound I-10 onramp (freudian?), but quickly corrected and headed for the west bound onramp....Tom, on the other hand, could not resist the temptation and started up the east bound ramp...got a call on the CB from Darlene who laughingly recounted their misadventure. Otherwise, our drive today into Mesa, AZ was totally uneventful, just like the previous 2 days. The scenery was beautiful, and we arrived at Tom's around 1:30pm. My only concern for the day was when I observed in my driver side mirror my trailer license plate dangling by a "hair"...we exited at exit 185 and removed it....it is now reinstalled with nylon bushing nuts, to be sure they don't come off this time. Darlene is making home made pizza tonight, and even bought some anchovies just for me...I feel very special right now...LOL!! I'm sitting at my computer in my coach in front of Tom's home....the temp is around 78 with a gentle breeze...hope it's still this pleasant, Dave, when you and Denise arrive in a couple of days!

We'll head out for Ontario, CA tomorrow morning around mid morning....it will be a little bittersweet...we have had such a great time the last 18 days on our longest Newell trip to date...3600 miles! We made many new friends, and look forward to reaquainting as soon as possible...do we have to wait a year??

Got 7.58 mpg on the last tank...filled up at the Flying J in Eloy, AZ (about an hour from Tom's home). My best on this trip was 7.77, and worst was 6.7....all that driving from Miami, OK to Tyler, TX on back roads and too many red lights through towns. Diesel is $2.07 there ($2.06 if you have the Flying J card and pay cash). They have two RV lanes there you can fuel up, take on water, and propane.

Safe travels to everyone still on the road......

Michael and Georgia....let us know when you are back in town and we'll get together!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote