Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Brake light switch
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
prarieschooner

Brian,
I have some notes left over from my troubleshooting of this problem and will share what I have. This information is from my '82;
The Brake Light Switch is located under the Coach at the front and is a Pressure Switch located in the Brake Line. I raised the Coach and BLOCKED (please read previous posts about this) it. I then went under the Coach and confirmed that the Brake Light Switch had 12 Volts DC at the Terminal (I think that it was the Yellow with Red Wire). I had 12 Volts DC coming into the Switch so I simply used a short Jumper with Alligator Clips to simulate the Switch Operation. Since I still had no Brake Lights I then went to the Steering Column. On my '82 it was the Red Wire Coming into the Column that was the Brake Signal.
I went to Harbor Freight and purchased a Puller to Pull the Steering Wheel. I was then able to trace the wires and find the problem. I used some generic wire schematics that I found and I will share them if you send me a PM I can send what I have here (the attachment is too large to post).
My problem was in the Emergency Flashers. That Circuit interrupts the Brake Lights (that allows the E-Flashers to continue Flashing when the Brakes are applied, I was able to make temporary wiring change inside the column in order to move the Coach to get Fuel)
prarieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote