Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 77 Newell Brake Light Switch Location
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
prairieschooner

On our '82 the Brake Light Switch is on the Air Line Forward. It should be a Red Wire and may have a White Stripe where it comes into the Steering Column.
The Turn Signal and Emergency Flasher Switches Interrupt the Brake Signal going Aft (this is how the front emergency flashers stay on while the brake light is interrupted by the turn signal. The Brake Light Signal that was not interrupted was only at the Cruise Control in the Rear.
When I bought our '82 the Brake Lights did not function. I found the problem in the Emergency Flasher and was able to make a temporary repair while I waited for the replacement part. At that time Newell had these Replacement TRW Turn/Emergency Switches.
Good Luck, and I would like any of the old Williams DANA Cruise Control parts if you still have them, so far I have been able to keep ours going with minor repairs.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote