Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell Rattles?
Thread: Newell Rattles?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 02:27 AM   #3
Tuga Gaidry

David, I also hate rattles. I presently own a '93 Newell 44' and previously had an '87 Newell Classic. I have never owned any other brand but a Newell. Both coaches were very quiet, and for the most part, rattle free. Once a year I have to tighten up the screws on my front TV plywood platform. That's pretty much it! Everything else; doors, windows, drawers, & cabinet slide-outs are rock solid and do not warp or bend. The only noise you will hear is the squeaking of leather rubbing on leather when driving on very rough roads (cobblestone, brick, or Louisiana highways). Ex: The driver's seat arm rest will rub on the window treatment when on bumpy, rough roads. My coach is 13 years old with 160,000 miles and it drives like a dream. I drove a '98 Prevost Liberty, and I must say that it was a very smooth, tight, and rattle free ride. Prevost makes an excellent coach. I have not had the pleasure of driving a Blue Bird. My '87 Newell Classic was also very quite. I have only ridden in one other coach recently, and it rattled so much that the salesman had to wedge a wash cloth in the bedroom door to stop the rattling. We could hear it from the driver's seat! I could see daylight thru the slide-out! Needless to say my friend didn't buy that coach.

I don't know how Newell builds such a quite, rattle-free coach; but, I'm glad that they do! And I am glad that I own one!
Tuga Gaidry is offline   Reply With Quote