Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - How to find air leaks in the supply system
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #25
rheavn

I temporarily fixed the air leaks in the air tank(which I still need a source for a new one) and verified that I had no air leaks outside. I checked & rechecked every bay & under the coach. No leaks, but my 110V compressor still cycled every 10 minutes. I went inside & checked around pocket doors and seat--nothing. I then stuck my ultrasonic leak detector under the dash. BINGO! I couldn't tell where the leak was, but I definitely had an air leak. I removed the dash topper, but the leak was down lower. I removed the panel around the air brake pedal. I could now hear a leak(s). There are two lines leaking on the air brake pedal valve. This valve has 4 large air lines & three small air lines. Two of the smaller lines are leaking. I've never dealt with this type of air line fitting so hopefully someone has. The brass fitting has a yellow washer that the line goes through into the brass fitting. I'm sure the yellow part is not just a washer, but I don't know what to call it. I attached a photo & the leaking lines are the two small lines on the right. They are easily accessible--just don't know how to fix them. Can any one help?

Richard,
I think my experience of just pointing the ultrasonic leak detector in the top of the dash & knowing I had a leak somewhere should answer your question about finding a leak in a mess of wires & tubing. You will hear it. Then it is just finding it.
Attached Images