Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Alternator
Thread: Alternator
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #3
prairieschooner

good advice so far but not sure what engine you have. The 92 series or at least my 6V92 has a gear driven LEECE NEVILLE alternator and it is an expensive alternator. I went the Port of Los Angeles and was able to find an Electrical Shop there that had parts and could repair it right away. If you have this kind of alternator you should be aware that if the base of the flange shows leakage signified by an accumulation of wet dirt, you should repair the seal at the engine side. The seal is only about $15.00 or so and the Alternator is more like $300 to $450. I was able to find a new one on ebay and now carry it in my spares.
Good luck but with this expensive of an alternator I would most likely take it to a repair shop that I cold trust and have them look at it.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote