Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Batteries not Charging all the way
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 01:56 AM   #23
prairieschooner

Clarke, that is what we are discussing. That is not the correct way to have the Power Inverter Installed. Actually I would recommend Source Isolation with Polarity Indication if I was to Inspect that Coach during a Survey. I would bet that if you simply unplug the Shore Cord with your Power Inverter Turned On, all of the Circuits would become Hot. The Heart Power Inverter has a Relay that Automatically Switches the Power Inverter on when the Power Source is lost, these were normally sold as Computer Back Up Systems.
I would suggest that you choose what Circuits will be Powered by the Power Inverter then correct the wiring. When I was installing Power Inverters on Yachts, I would install a Separate Panel to Power only those Circuits.
Again this is why we have this Forum, I suggest that everyone check theses older Coaches and Correct them to meet Current Standards for the Safety of our loved ones, they may be the only ones to survive. Of course this may not be the case but it only takes a few minutes to prove or disprove any potential problems.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote