Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Satellite TV In Motion?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 04:03 AM   #11
lbrachfe

All,
I was given the info by a few sources, but as Steve indicated my info was dated. I recently updated my TracStar to a 360 Sat dish after their updater box fried my circuit boards and gyro. The booklet that came with the new 360 system indicates that HD is no longer available w/DirecTV and that the #25 box /DVR would no longer be in HD. The addition of a Wineguard HD compatible Sat dish is what can get HD and HDMI cables are required. Sorry about the dated info guys. I called Cobham and confirmed that Steves info is correct and that DirecTV is no longer available for in motion, but can be recieved on a fixed signal Sat dish and Dish and Charter are the only in motion service providers currently and DirecTv should be returning to inmotion at a date yet to be announced. I have been paying for HD service for a couple of years as my boxes did provide the service when first purchased. This post did get me a $60 credit from DirecTv after I called and challenged my past bills as they indicate I was recieving HD, but that hardly covers the cost of the new cables installed and the HDMI adapters for the TV's I bought. Also note that Wineguard makes an HD inmotion dish according to the online support. My eyesight must be getting worse as I never noticed much difference and got used to it.At least i am not paying DirecTv monthly for this service anymore.
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote