Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Steering solutions
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 02:38 AM   #3
77newell

Richard: the adjustment was done by Champion Frame and Alignment near Chicago and I wasn't present when it was done so I don't know how it was done. However they did it was very quick as the time charge was minimal. Based upon that I can't see how they disconnected anything. My suspicions are that they had someone gently rock the steering wheel while loosening the adjustment until slop began to appear, but that is just a guess.

Since the adjustment was made the wheels tended to return to center pretty well, but I would say the wheel has better feel since the Gunk was added. The steering feels somewhat tighter, maybe slightly heavier since the Honda ATF. It is so cool now to go for awhile without even noticing I'm steering since the wheel movements are so much smaller than they used to be, just tiny movements of the wheel create steering.

If you need more information or specificity let me know. I'm happy to share what I've experienced but realize I'm no expert (I'm less than 25 miles from home)

Jon
77 Coach
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote