Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Full Time Dream!
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #50
chockwald

Well, we are no longer counting weeks, or days, but now down to hours. At precisey 5pm tomorrow, 9/30/2011, Elaine will no longer be a "working girl". October 1st we start the next countdown until we pull up anchor and set sail for new frontiers...I know, I'm kind of mixing metaphors here. Nevertheless, on October 1st it will be approximately 93 days until we depart Rancho Jurupa Regional Park. Tomorrow will mark the end of our 8th month fulltiming in our Newell, and what a wonderful 8 months it has been!

We have begun to sift through our "stuff" again, this time the trailer is our focus. I moved a bunch of stuff that was in the trailer, but not being used, to our office warehouse for storage this past week, and we will continue to further "slim" down. Come January 2nd we will need to be able to put the T-Bird in the trailer. What we still have is manageable, and we will be installing wall cabinets shortly which will hold a lot of what is now sitting on the floor. The rest will go into storage, or be given away.

The weather here continues to be cooler than normal. September temps have been in the mid to low 90's, and down in the high 80's often. We had 3 100 degree days this month (September), but again low 100's. The feel of Fall is in the air, and we have not been running the A/C as much, and then it's only on for a few hours as opposed to all day as it was in August often.

We woke up this morning to "low voltage"....around 30 volts. It must have happened around 5:15am, because the clock was still on then, but 15 minutes later the clock was off. I got up and turned off the stand by power for both TV's, the satellite receiver, automatic coffee pot, and unplugged the computers and cell phones. And, finally, switched the fridge over to gas. Right now we are running off our small Honda 1000w generator....cheaper to run than the Kohler....about a gallon of gas every 5 hours, or so.

OK, that's the update from the Hockwald's for September.......93 bottles of beer on the wall, 93 bottles of beer....take one down, and pass it around, 92 bottles of beer on the wall....
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote