Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - California's length limit on motorcoaches?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
larryweikart

In 2001 I recieved 3 tickets from the Ca. DOT at a Sacremento T/A truck stop, which I was told by truckers, is a favorite spot for the local DOT officer. 1, for being 45', 2, for total over length with trailer of 71 ft. and 3, for OVERWIDTH, because of the AWNING! When I questioned him on the 3rd offensive, he calmly asked me "How many tickets would you like to get" I closed my mouth and later phoned the court to question the 3rd ticket. I was told to appear in court and they would toss out the over width ticket. Let me see, " pay a $150 fine or pay $450 for a plane ride to fight for the cause!" A no brainer. I also had to drop the trailer and have it towed at a cost of $800. I was scared to death in Ca. for the next few months. But, as I have no option but to go there 2 times a year, I continued and my fear went away with no futher problems. I actually was pulled over for exceeding the speed limit in Ca. in 2004 and the officer wasn't at all concerned about my "rig". Since we must go to Long Beach and Monterey each year we do travel on roads that are not on the "legal" list, and have not had a further incident. (yet) :roll:
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote