Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Just looking
Thread: Just looking
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
tuga

Hi Stick, welcome to the website. All Newells regardless of vintage are great coaches. They are all built on the Newell chassis and have the best of materials and fabrics installed by craftsmen who care about their quality of workmanship.

Models prior to 1989 were known as Newell Classics. They didn't have slides and usually had 8V92 or 6V92 Detroit Diesel engines. Many are on the road today and they have a special place in the hearts of Newell lovers!

The Newell 2000 series began in 1990 and had larger windshields and a totally different look. Most of them had 8V92 DD engines. In 1997 Newell installed a slide room and some models had 2 slides. Also, the 2000 series had many upgrades: total electric coach with inverters to power refrigerator etc when the generator was not running and independent front suspension for a shorter turning radius.

I'll stop here because I am not that familiar with the newer ones and their corresponding model designations. Michael Day had a post awhile back that explained the newer models clearly.

Hope this has helped you. I had a 1987 Newell Classic, a 1993 Newell 2000, and presently have a 1999 Newell 2000 w/2 slides.

If you would like to see several different Newell models come to our mini rally in Austin, TX this April 19-23. You can ask questions and see the different coaches from Newell Classics to a 2009 Newell quad slide (Mike Haddox's coach). We would really like to meet you and answer some of your questions.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote