Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 77 Newell Repower?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 02:17 AM   #13
Neweller

Keith, I believe the 8.3 would work. I have a guy down my way who has been doing conversions on all types of buses for about 40 years now. A friend of his used to do suspension upgrades on the 70's Newell's. This guy is really good at what he does and could tell me right away what will work and what not. I will call him on Monday and ask about the 8.3 Cummins and report back to you. I already got the run down somewhat on the 50 and Series 60 Detroit's and the newer Cat and Cummins models. He did say that converting a DDEC engine to a Series 60 was one of the easiest to do. I recently seen a newer Wanderlodge that they pulled the brand new Cummins out of, because the owner wanted a Series 60. A lot of people would think this sounds crazy but the Wanderlodge owner likes the 2 additional mpg and maintenance cost of the 60 Series. Very interesting information for sure. Lots to grind our teeth on.

Myself I would like to do this upgrade on a Classic and on a 90-95 Series 2000. With the right group of folks around here, we could revive some Newell's like thousands have been doing with the bus-conversions.

I also started another thread on engine upgrades. Maybe, we'll have to think about combining the info? See how it goes.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote