Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - What kind of dog do you think we should get?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #16
prairieschooner

When we were living on our boat and Patti wanted a 4 legged baby we had to think long and hard.
1st decide on the size- the bigger the dog, the larger the poop! Larger dogs need more food and water, just more to carry.
2nd- We chose dogs that do not shed. This to me has been a great decision-no dog hair everywhere.
3rd- We wanted a dog that could swim for obvious reasons.
4th- The dog had to be able to put up with snow.

We chose a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Doubloon. We then rescued a second, Bonnie. After Doubloon passed we rescued Tucker. 1 of this breed is allot and 2 is a challenge! They are full of energy and require allot of exercise and are not small. Here they are at Yosemite.
Name:  IMG_2791.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  16.2 KB

Another thing to think about is that most of the breeds have Rescue Groups. We rescued Tucker through the Southern California Wheaten Terrier Rescue. We met a lady with a rescued Yorkie while we were at Yosemite and she (the Yorkie) was beautiful!
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote