Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Kohler 12.5KW Generator Stops after 15 Seconds
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:56 AM   #8
ccjohnson

It happened to us one night in Ruidoso, NM. Called Newell first thing in the morning & was able to get a temporary work around. There is a 4 hole "freezer" plug up by the control head on the generator. If i recall correctly, the test procedure I used was to unlpug the 4way plug (one of the wires will go to the fuel solenoid), next I ran a good 12V+ jumper wire to the fuel solenoid. When the generator started & stayed running I rigged a short jumper at the plug to get by. I would caution it was just a temporary fix until we could get to Newll to replace fire extinguisher. I hate to defeat a safety system that is designed to save my life & property! Be sure to keep a close eye on oil pressure water temp on generator as you have defeated the safety shut downs with this by-pass. The problem with the fire extinguisher was just age as far as we were able to tell which resulted in a very gradual loss of pressure over the years until it reched the point of shut down mode.
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote