Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell Prevost wanderlodge fuel economy
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #11
Neweller

Your not going to get better mileage with a Wanderlodge or a Prevost. If you are really that concerned with great Mileage by a Eagle bus conversion, guys on the bus forum swear they are getting 10 mpg because of the rake design in the rear. Now I have gotten as high as 7.8 with a 6v92T in a 35,000 pound classic with my foot in it. Of course on the flat. And the 60 series does better than that. Now a head wind will kill any of the beasts.

Like Michael stated the weights keep getting heavier with the later model Newells. Some are grossing out around 65,000 pounds now, that's a lot of machine going down the road.

Fuel economy is a concern of a lot of us. It's a hard act to swallow when we have been spoiled for so many years. The oil gurus are not done yet, in time it will be double what it is now and some of us will fall out of the pack while new folks take their place and just live with it.

Just my .05 (inflationary terms Tuga)

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote