Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Non Slide Newell VS Non Slide Prevost Values...what the heck is going on?????
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #30
Dave-n-Marjorie

Great questions Yachts.....Would I take $100k for my 96 series 60 non slide bath and a half that is 100% remodeled and updated, 65k miles...???? Probably not....The reason why?????...............I have been in the this coach every day for 6 months full time. I know every inch, inside, outside, hidden in walls, every system, tank, switch, EVERYTHING....It is the floorplan we want....the options we want....colors we want......low miles, one owner....ect.....

With the few Newells on the market.....how would I find that???? Is one even out there??? Then find one with two slides on top of that??? It would take about the same time to get to know another coach with slides and that could be very very expensive to get to know another coach. I found a quad slide for $130k....it needed $140k+ of work and it also had 200k+ miles....I found a double slide for $135...high miles...bad floorplan...bad colors... 5 owners....slide seals needed replaced...tires....batteries.....hwh not working right......ect....no...I didnt want that either....would have been into it for $200k....There is one on here for $90k...steal of the century!!!!!! in my opinion...upgrade it for $20k and you are only into it for $110k....how much can you find a double slide PREVOST FOR???

For those wannabees waiting for the perfect Newell....times are a changin.....you better act fast or you will be looking at double slide gas fleetwood bounders for the smae amount of money......these Newells are RARE....and when the ones that want to give them away do...there will be nothing left and a Prevost will be 40% more money!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts View Post
I agree you can't find a prevost quad slide for anywhere near 250. Or 350 for that matter.. In comparison i agree a newell is better than a prevost.. That's why I bought my first one and my second one.. But if someone wants to sell theirs cheap they can do that..

You guys have a 96 no slide you just remodeled? Would you take 100k for it? Knowing you might find a single or double slide around the same number? I bought a 99 no slide and the thing that set mine apart was 4 girard awnings and only 1700 hours on the gen set and the coach is like new inside.. I plan on adding about 30k to it in new paint and other upgrades over the next year or so.. Could I find a double slide for less than what I might have in this? Yes but my wife and I are weekenders and I rather have a coach that is custom to my tastes than one with slides for the same $.. My opinion. But if a triple slide comes around for 120 or a double for 90 or so, I am in!!
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote