Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 2000 Quad Slide
Thread: 2000 Quad Slide
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 05:27 AM   #49
Dave-n-Marjorie

Dealer called and offered to immediatly wire a $5k deposit and agree on a sell price of up to $200k depending on coach condition/inspection if Tom would fax a copy of the title directly to the F & I dept for verification and proof. Tom said no problem he would do that right away and email his bank routing information back. He never returned a call after that!!! FYI...There are dealers out there willing to pay big money for triple and quad slide Newells and Prevosts, in cash by wire, fly out a tech to pdi it and drive it back to dealership, then sell it in a week or two and make $20k or more. Hard for a individual owner to compete.

Just to let you all know what just happed personally to me two weeks ago. Marjorie and I were renting out a 4 bedroom house near hilton head island (income property) for $1,400 a month and put an ad on craigslist and zillow with pics and my contact information. Got a call from someone who asked if this was a scam, said the exact same house was on both sites with a different phone number for $700 a month. They called it and a foreign person answered said it was their house and emailed them a credit app. They were so excited to get this huge house for $700 a month they filled it out and emailed it back to him. Later that evening they saw our real ad, with my cell phone and realized they might have been scammed. They were!!! The rental credit app asked for all their information, SS#'s DL #'s, bank account numbers, ect...They called me and basically cried on the phone. Someone stole my pics and description and put their phone number in. I asked them if they thought $700 a month for HHI could be possible with every comparible home was over $1300????? They said in the back of their mind, they knew it was too good to be true, but still couldnt take a chance it wasnt.

They learned a hard lesson....if its too good to be true.....it probably is.......
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote