Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 2002 Newell for sale
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #42
Dave-n-Marjorie

LoL Ken, all coaches, all real estate, car sales...you name it! At a 10 day mall parking lot RV show here in Reno that ended yesterday, one dealer sold 89 RV's!!!! Guess what?? all those customers wanted "deals".....think they got one?? My wife is a Realtor (even while traveling) in the low country coast SC and every customer wants a "deal". I can tell you the market has changed 180 deg, in real estate and in RV's. We purchase 4 foreclosed homes 1-2 years ago and they have doubled in value. Two have tripled. RV's of course are depreciating assets, so hard to make a profit $$$ unless your a dealer. Not only have RV mfgs set records this year, but the industry as a whole, rv show attendance, sales are at all time highs everywhere in RV industry.

So which one am I? hmm....actually neither Owning 13 RV's in 25 years I am proud to say I have never lost money on one. I dont look for a "deal" but look for a coach that I cant get hurt if I keep it for 2 or 3 years. Tons of factors go into it, style, floorplan, how fast I can sell it, ect...The average RV owner sells in less than 3 years so the market is always moving. My Newell is a perfect example. I could keep it 5 years and probably not lose a penny and sell it fast. It was advertised for two months, and many on here had a chance at buying before me, so not really a "deal". Retireing at 44 did put me on a budget, so no way I could take a hit ever. I dont try to make a profit, just not lose money. Having dealer knowledge and values helps alot!!!

Lets say a nice Newell 02 triple slide is $180k That would be a "deal"for anyone!! but not for me....In three years it would depreciate to maybe $165k. That $15k to me is alot of money. The only way to 100% not lose money on a RV is to never ever sell it!! LOL...how many members on here have had more than one RV?? LOL

Always looking for my next coach
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post
Dave you are pretty funny too! Everyone wants a deal eh', my friend are we saying this about all coaches or just Newell's? I actually know a few folks that if they don't pay high they can't brag enough. Some folks believe in paying high and charging high for every thing, while others believe in paying low and charging high for everything and then their are some whom buy low and charge low. Which one are you? Sorry I couldn't resist on this one.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote