Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 2002 Newell for sale
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #45
Dave-n-Marjorie

I agree with the exception that the late model Newells you are looking at are a WHOLE different puppy. Say someone builds a 2011 model for $1.8. Then trades it in at Newell and builds a 2014 for $2.1. The customer is upgrading, spending more $$ also but losing equity. In that market, they have disposable income and taking a 300k or 400k hit doesnt matter. Also, new ordered unit profit $$ are probably kept seperate from used market $$. I have no idea if its 5% profit or 30% profit on those late models but if they let you walk away, it wasnt enough $ for them

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian51 View Post
Interesting perspective Dave. I have been watching the used inventory at Newell for over a year and it correlates with my business in art. The Print business is booming because the sales of original art in the 5 to 25 thousand range is dead. Companies that used to buy my originals are now just buying prints. You have two markets that are viable, the low end and the very high end for famous works. The artists in the mid-range have been killed since they rely on the so called upper middle class. With coaches, the boom seems to be in the 100 to 200 range and then again the top end with those ordering new Newell coaches. But their 500 to a million range has not been moving well. I think it is a sign of the middle class pain we see right now. So, you bet I expect a deal, 25 to 30% is my expectation.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote