Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 2002 Newell for sale
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #46
Dave-n-Marjorie

Hi Clint. I would disagree as most consumers in this economy are VERY educated when they make a $50k - $500k purchase. Seems like everyone is doing their homework these days. Fortunatly in the RV industry we have comps (comparisons) just as the Real Estate industry and Auto industry does. Every RV dealer and auction goes by the nada wholesale connect dealer system where no options are added and pricing usually starts at 70% of that number. In VERY rare circumstances, a dealer will go to 100% of wholesale book but hardly ever. Newells are not in this book as they are such low production. I have seen customers think we were making $50k when we were only making $5k and we have made $30k and customers think we were making $0. Its all on how we buy the coach on trade and the comps limit that.

I personally know of a 91 Newell, very low miles, one owner, updated at Newell 3 years ago with new flooring, front seats, blinds, couch, chairs, ect...really an amazing coach that just sold for $18k. In no way does that mean the market for 91's is that price, as all the comps must be taken together for true value, not just one deal.

I know of someone else who just purchased a 45' late model fiberglass coach. They paid what they thought was a very fair price, but actually the dealer (not us) made almost $50k on them and if they sold or traded it tomorrow, they will lose more than $30k. The value of that coach was in no way what they paid, the value is what the comps say it is. Not what someone pays, but what its worth. That why this RV market is exploding. If you pricing something close to comps, it will sell fast. Most dealers will be happy these days to make $5k on a coach and move on, instead of holding on for months to make $10k.

Hope this makes some sense. LOL. Knowledge is power in this market
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjohnson View Post
Dave a "deal" as you well know being in RV sales is all in the perception of the buyer. A good salesperson will be able to have the buyer firmly believing that it was a "deal" regardless of the price or margin. Also, the value of any asset is truly only what a buyer is willing to pay for it at any given point in time. Therefore, value is only firmly established at the actual time of the sale.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote