Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1998 bath and half at MOT
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 04:44 AM   #20
Dave-n-Marjorie

I was counting entertainers as they are on a Prevost chassis. I believe they are very similar except for of course the bunk areas and sometimes lack or a rear bedroom, smaller kitchens ect.... They use the same Valid slides, Valid leveling, multiplex lighting, heating and cooling system, electronics, and appliances. Not to mention the identical chassis, engine / trans / Prevost shell.

I would disagree with the statement they are "not even related" to say as similar components they are probably close to 100% similar, just arranged differently. I am sure you know many people also purchase Entertainers and convert them to motorhomes.

In my dealer book, I show 34 Prevost converters 19 of which are motorhome converters. Its nice that two out of the 34 converters have warranties and support, but how many of the 34 are still even in business? What do those owners do?

Also, its nice there is a warranty on a liberty part, but who makes your ac, heat, air, appliances, electrical, multiplex, generator...ect....Aftermarket parts account for what 97% of a bus. Yes you have liberty custom furniture, counters, cabinets, ect… but the high $$ stuff is made by other companies and not under that lifetime warranty.

Even if the total number is 500 prevosts a year with 34 convertors, compared to 30 Newells made, there are still 17 Prevosts to every 1 “hand made” Newell J

As I have stated many, many times on here. Newell pricing should be at least equal to a similar Prevost. Having owned both, been to both factorys, being in the RV business, and a full timer, I can tell you they are QUITE similar.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote