Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 89 Newell for Sale
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #5
macgrg

I looked at this coach yesterday. It looks pretty good not too many body defects and the interior with the exception of dry leather is good. It needs batteries and tires. The seller jumped the coach with his truck and it started right up, idled fine sounded good. It ran for most of the hour we were there. I stopped and started it several times. The genny has <1000 hours and started up fine and sounded good. The gauges indicated appropriate voltage, the current draw was of no use as he only had two mismatched coach batteries and two junk engine batteries. There was no water in the tank and no hose available to test the water systems. All manuals are present, but no service records other than a recent fuel pump purchase. The seller and a friend installed it. There is a new radiator hose installed and a couple of new belts. The engine compartment and genny were pretty clean for a rig of this vintage. He was really pressing my wife and I to buy it right then. He even called me back today to try another push, but I told him no way without oil/trans fluid analysis and mech inspection. Email me if you would like any more info or my phone number.
macgrg is offline   Reply With Quote