Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 89 Newell for Sale
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #9
ccjohnson

Keith,
Here is the reply I got from the Craig's List guy when I asked about specific engine problem:
This motorhome has either injector problems or it has a burnt valve or two. Once you fix that their are other problems.....I talked to the previous owner and he told me he only drove it once, bought it in 05 and drove it to New Mexico where he was pulled over by the police because the motorhome was all over the road...the officer thought he was drunk....the previous owner was a police officer so he guaranteed he was not drunk just could not keep the vehicle in a straight line. The previous owner told me he had an estimate of 28000 to get the vehicle roadworthy...that is why he decided to sell it for so little.....the vehicle still has all of the issues that the previous owner talked about. If you are buying the motorhome have it looked at by a qualified diesel mechanic. Good luck. I posted this for a friend on CL as he was interested in buying it but when we found out all of the issues he backed away and did not make an offer. I have other info if you are interested.
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote