Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 89 Newell for Sale
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 01:46 AM   #10
Dave-n-Marjorie

Ok I’m totally confused. Two people said it ran fine in person for an hour plus, now the only problem is that they wont allow inspection. Tires and batteries are a maintenance item. I don’t know the values of these classics, but even if you have to put $15k in it, which is A LOT, $35k total invested seems like a good deal to have a nice classic ready to hit the road. Maybe I’m totally wrong and classics are worth much much less but I doubt it.

Another thing that makes me laugh……Looking over some old posts, there seems to be a few people on here that basically think everything that is a good deal is a scam. Sometimes it’s a typo on the ad, or sometimes the person selling doesn’t give them the hours they want with a million questions. Sometimes the specs are off, or description is off.

Working for a dealer with multiple locations, we sold over 1,000 motorized RV’s last year with units from 1970’s – to 2014’s. Guess how many buyers wanted inspections of the engine, oil samples, ect…zero….none…..nada…..It’s funny that people think that if a coach is on a dealer lot, it must be perfect, but if a private buyer or small dealer is selling at a good deal or super low price on ebay or craigslist, there must be something wrong with it.

My coach was a perfect example. The owner died and his son was selling it at his car dealership. The son didn’t want to deal with the dozens of calls a day, so threw all calls to the used car sales manager. Now how many used car sales managers know about Newells????? People on here thought it was a scam, as he could not answer basic questions. He kept calling it a camper, didn’t know it was a diesel or how long it was, ect…. Those people who hesitated and thought it was a scam, gave me an opportunity. I left within 20 minutes after hanging up the phone with him and drove 12 hours to see it. I wasn’t thinking scam, I was thinking this is a non-educated seller and this is a deal. I was right, and wrote a check on the spot. It was contingent on a few things, but money talks best when you wave it in front of the seller in person, not on the phone. I bought it with non working aqua hot, non working fridge, non working toilet, non working auto level, all of which the seller never told me about before I got there. I negotiated those items in the deal AFTER I inspected it in person. They were all nickel and dime items, but I made sure they would come down enough to cover the repairs….plus!!

Not everything is a scam, and I would never think a buyer is serious until they are there in person or leave a deposit. The phone just doesn’t cut it in this day and age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellick View Post
Clint, the only problem is he wont allow an inspection, I wonder if the new rad hose has something do do with it? Maybe it was overheated? There is definately something fishy going on with it.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote