Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Enclosed car hauler trailer
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #32
Brad Townsend

Glad the trailer is working out for you. Yea it would be nice to have a camera on the trailer.
And yes it is nice to get into a clean vehicle after a long run especially3000 miles just like what we are about to start as we exit New Hampshire to go to Yuma AZ. We head right by camp newell so plan on getting the coach weighed for the fist time with the trailer.

Do you know what your tongue weight is? I purchased a tongue scale as I am the sort that has to know. If you need info on them plus other interesting info on trailer pulling check out this site.
http://www.sherline.com/lm.htm
The scale can also be used to weigh 5th wheel tongues as I have weighed for others I know to there surprise being far more than they thought.

Do you need sway bars? I don't run sway bars and it tracks nicely. A spare is a must as I blew a tire and didn't know it till I stopped at a rest area. Good thing I had another.
Thinking about replacing all four/5 tires on the trailer because the typical trailer tire is china made and what was left on the rim of the blown tire you could see the make up of the tire. Looked like pieces of rope not wire inside and they were radials.

Happy motoring
Brad
1988 40 ft 8v92 TA
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser,1990 Jeep Cherokee 4/WD now a desert rat
25 ft Haulmark trailer
730 watt solar panels, Full timing.
Brad Townsend is offline   Reply With Quote