Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - maiden voyage
Thread: maiden voyage
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #12
encantotom

an update.

i have been having an ongoing saga of trying to get a turbo boost sensor circuit voltage low check engine light fixed. had it to 3 different places including running it on a dyno to reproduce it. thought it had fixed itself....ha and as i was leaving newell last nite, the light came on and so did the stop engine light. the stop engine light flickered on and off and then stayed off. i called my bus guy in phoenix and he said it should be a soft fault and not shut the engine down. btw, my experience is not that, it has shut the engine down.

so, i called central detroit diesel in springfield mo and they took me in at 830pm last nite.

roger took the ddec out and we found a bent pin. and there was a bolt stuck behind the ddec starting to wear and it made a connection between the ecu and the engine. it is supposed to be isolated as it is mounted on rubber grommets.

in addition david brady told me about the barometric pressure mod that was done and inserted between the turbo sensor and the ecu. roger asked if he could take it out and i said yes.

after a cheap bill of 2 hours labor, we were off about 1130pm last nite and drove 120 miles no issues. then drove another 300 today no issue. hopefully i am fixed.

i learned some other things after a too pricey of a day at newell that i will share later.

thanks to those of you who have been contacting me to make sure we are doing ok. the grandkids are doing great.

but....it is very hot here in indiana. was 103 today. what is the deal? only 80's in phoenix today and 103 in indiana?

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote