Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 7
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #54
Neweller

A
784 9/18/2002 8:14:19 AM 9/18/2002 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Overheating/engine smoke If the temperatures you are reporting are correct, the engine is running too hot. We suggest you have a mechanic check the temperature with a mechanical gauge at the engine. If you can confirm that the radiator is indeed clean (looking through the radiator with a mechanic's trouble light shining through from the other side is a good technique), inspect the radiator for other damage, such as broken or bent fins. We suspect you may ultimately determine that the radiator needs to be rebuilt or replaced. FYI - the Newell parts department stocks rebuilt radiators for 92 Series powered coaches. The cost of a rebuilt radiator approximately $2000 plus about $250 crating and freight. To confirm availability and price, call 1-888-3NEWELL and ask for Gary Streeter; have the physical dimensions of the radiator in your coach. Also, you indicate that you think the coach engine is operating with 15/40 Rotella. This is not a suitable engine lubricating oil. The ONLY multi-viscosity oil that has proven satisfactory for 92 Series Detroits is Mobil Delva 1, a synthetic that may not be cost justified for a ten year old coach. If you prefer a mineral base oil, we recommend a premium quality SAE 40 straight weight oil meeting API CH-4 service category. Talk with a Detroit technician about the white smoke on start-up.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote