Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - DIY- Do It Yourself Annual Aqua-Hot System Servicing Help?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 03:12 AM   #6
encantotom

this thread reminded me that my hot water was not real hot. i had bought a complete watts 70a mixing valve for parts a while back so i took out the webasto tonite and replaced the guts on the mixing valve. the old valve was only turning partially and was mostly gunked up. the new guts worked great and though i am still adjusting to get the temp i want, it is a lot hotter now. an easy way to tell if the mixing valve is not passing enough hot water is to heat the aquahot up to temp and run some hot water. then feel the incoming hot water line out of the aquahot going into the mixing valve. it should be really hot so be careful. then feel the line coming out of the mixing valve (it will have a red arrow on it going away from the mixing valve). that line should be fairly hot too. if it is only lukewarm the valve is not adjusted to the right temp or most likely need the guts replaced.

a tip is that you dont have to take the fuel lines off of the webasto. just take the electrical connectors off (a single red wire and the two plugs on the control box) and slide the control box off (be careful with it cause it is real real expensive) and then loosen the two 10mm nuts on the two swinging holders on the unit. use a long extension with a deep well 10mm socket and you can feel and get them loose. then swing the bolts up. i then took the webasto out carefully and tied it up with some wire to keep it out of the way with the fuel lines still connected.

that gave me plenty of room to get at the mixing valve and take the guts out and replace it with the new one.

another tip is to mark the edge of the mixing valve so you can remember which way is hotter and colder...

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote