Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - rear suspension
Thread: rear suspension
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 12:12 AM   #5
prairieschooner

1st make sure that you BLOCK the Coach prior to getting under it!!!
2nd wait for some other replies to make sure that I haven't missed something I am new to this as well.

On my '82 there is a plate near the entrance door that has the coaches identifications. This plate states a dimension that the front of the coach should be from the ground and a dimension that the rear of the coach should be from the ground.
After reading that your coach had an engine fire, it would make the Air Ride Suspect. When the Ignition Switch is turned on the Air Ride is Actuated. If you were to turn on the Ignition Switch with no Air Pressure the Coach would lower itself. Now when you start the Coach it should go to the Ride Height. The Leveling System bypasses the Ride Height while the Coach is Stationary.
Remember that we have Air Brakes and Air Suspension, this makes me want to be extremely cautious that all is in working order before I head on down the road.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote