Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Leveling system air leak!!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Wally Arntzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikestuff View Post
Hi Nasser,

One of the more experienced guys may jump in here with a different answer but you may not have a problem. My coach often makes that "air leak" noise. It is probably the coach leveling valves doing what they do.

As far as the tag axle...I think the consensus is that it is not necessary for you to use the dump switch to turn the coach. The wranglers at the factory never use the switch as they move my 2003 around in tight quarters. On top of that, the action of the switch takes a really long time to do anything. I am talking minutes. So, in my year of driving the coach (12,000 miles), I have never needed to use the tag switch.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
bill
I have an 88 and yours looks very similar to mine. On our coaches there is a lateral shock that's above the tag axel and on mine the shock was bad and we replaced it. My bus mechanic informed me that gets worn out by excessive backing of the coach when turning it around and it causes the shock to wear out. I kept my coach in a building and every time I took it out I had a short area for turning around and had to back and go forward several times to get turned around. Now when turning around I drop the air in the tag and it turns in a much shorter distance and there is no wear on the shock. The air in my tag drops very quickley ands recovers fast once I put back into the normal tag position. I don't hear the air noise your talking about and I'm surprised that can hear in the front of the coach when the coach is running. You may have other problems with tag system that is conflicting with normal operation of the air valves.
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote