Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - New Wood Flooring
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
chockwald

Default New Wood Flooring

Elaine and I travelled up to South Jordan, UT (just south of Salt Lake City) to my brother's home to have him install our wood flooring. It took him 4 days, and several hundred "cuts" to fit all the flooring and trim...as you all know, there are a lot of angles in a motorhome, unlike a regular home where most everything is pretty "square". We couldn't have picked a hotter 10 days to do this trip....there has been a high pressure ridge hanging over the western states. We stopped at Zion on our way there, and it was 106 both days we were there. It was in high 90's most of our 4+ days in South Jordan, UT.

Here are a few before and after pix. We used interlocking Pergo engineered flooring, Natural Oak. Really worked well with the existing faux wood in the 1982 Newell.

The stair area took the better part of a day, and lots of discussion about what would work best. We ended up taking out the hinged floor piece that lowers down to cover the stair area when the sofa bed is in use. To replace it, because we still plan to use the sofa bed, he fabricated a piece we can place in that space on the rare occasions it will be used. I liked the finished look that we came up with, which would have been more difficult to obtain leaving the hinged piece in place. He reinstalled the hand rail, as we still need that. Additionally, we had to leave the hinge for the under stairway storage area exposed, so we painted it with Rustoleum Brown. I guess this would have been easier if we had only used wood on the treads, and carpeted the fronts and sides like I have seen others do, but I like what "we" chose to do in this instance.

There is still al little more finish work to be done when he comes down for a visit in July.
Attached Images

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote