Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 6
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #11
Neweller

A
602 6/1/2002 11:13:02 AM 6/3/2002 Art Knapp agkcpa1@hotmail.com Shunt to measure house current I am having a Heart Inverter installed in my 1983 Newell. I would like to add the Link 1000 or 2000 Battery Bank Monitor. The Monitor uses a 500 amp shunt to measure the current. The instructions for the Monitor indicate that the Negative cable from the House 12-volt system distribution system needs to be attached to one post on the shunt and the Negative battery cable needs to be attached to the other post on the shunt. My house 12-volt distribution system in in the hall closet. There does not appear to be a negative or ground terminal for this panel. There appears to be an existing shunt already installed on the Positive side of 12-volt panel. Perhaps this shunt measures the current as displayed on the analog meter that is located on the cabinet door above the driver seat. Do ytou have any comments or suggestions?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote