Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - If you were buying...
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
rheavn

Gene,
You said in a prior post that you are trying to decide between a Newell & a Foretravel. You first have to compare apples to apples & oranges to oranges. Not all Newells are the same. Newell has very distinct eras where the coaches were built with different engines, different heating & cooling systems, slides-no slides etc. Without you stating what era coach you are interested in, my list of things I would be looking for is only three items. Things like tires, batteries, maintenance records, and even price were not important to me until I was focused on a specific coach. Here are the three items, in no special order, that were the most important items to me when I was deciding which era Newell I wanted to buy.

1. Wife/Spouse/Significant Other. Do they like the layout and colors?
2. Wife/Spouse/Significant Other. Do they like the layout and colors?
3. Wife/Spouse/Significant Other. Do they like the layout and colors?

I walked away from many coaches that failed this test. In learning what she liked I learned what I liked. After a 2+ year search we made the right decision.
This forum is a great source for getting information on Newells of specific eras. You can talk to owners first hand. Once you have decided on coaches from any era the next best source of info is seeing & touching them first hand. For me the most valuable source of info was the Newell factory.

Good luck in your comparison & decision.