Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Removal of Engine Radiator
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
encantotom

my coach runs 180-185 on flat surface, a little warmer when it is 110 degrees plus outside.

that said, once i start pulling a long grade, the temp pushes up significantly and i have to gear down to 2nd gear at 38mph to keep the fan going enough to keep the temp below 205.

from what i hear from talking to a number of you, that is that same thing that you have to do.

i called my radiator shop and they only want 150-200 bucks to remove the tanks and rod it and put it back together. so, if i could get it out easy enough, i would do that.

of course a new core is 700 dollars plus and it is possible to put one in with more cooling capacity.

i have also talked to a few that have put the desert misting system in to use on grades and they say it helps significantly. i have done stainless commerical misting system in my home myself and have all the stainless bending and cutting tools and a wholesale account for the parts so am thinking about doing that for fun. i have a 12v controlled water valve and i would tap off the main potable water tank to do it. probably put 6-8 heads around the inside of the radiator. i ran a couple of extra wires from the dash to the rear of the coach when i was redoing the inside so i can control it easy enough.

i might take my coach to the shop i use for major stuff and see what he would charge me to take ther radiator out and put it back in.

but, it is pretty low on my list since my coach seems to be operating like most everyone elses of my vintage and engine.

i use vmspc to monitor temps as my dash gauge is close to 20 degrees off at the higher temps.

thanks

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote