Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Headlight Upgrade Information for 90's Newell Coach
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #28
hlfdzn

Hello Richard,

No offense taken. That's the wonderful thing about this forum, each of us may come at something from a difference perspective based upon our experience and objectives. The end result is a better understanding and (hopefully) product. I continue to be amazed at the different backgrounds that are represented on this forum and even greater in the Newell ownership. This is a fact that Newell themselves take advantage of in implementing new mods to their coachs. So please continue to share your perspective. I certainly don't have your training or experience in the optics arena and enjoy increasing my understanding.

On the lighting issue. After the increased lighting itself, the next issue for me is to have something that's easily replaced. There is no guarantee that the Euro lights will be easily accessible in the near future. It's taken you a bit of time just to get one lamp. While I may not be in Bumfuzzle, Montana :-), I'll certainly be in Rancheria, Yukon, CA and want to be able to carry replacements that will work and can be easily installed for either side. Also, one of my greatest concerns is the low proximity of the present lights. I know that Mr. Stern mentined lexan covers (or something like that) but the Alaska Highway roads in winter have quite a bit of gravel on them and I've had lights taken out on other vehicles despite rock guards on previous trips.

In the short term, I've thought of installing some kind of light bar up front and then mounting the various desired lighting. This may not be the "look" some want for their coach, but it is an option with many variables at a minimal cost and also minimal disruption.

I'm very excited to see what Ken may be able to offer as an alternative.

HID lights...now that would offer distintive lighting and a certain wow factor.
'93 45' #320
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
hlfdzn is offline   Reply With Quote