Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Please tell me what the difference is between the top brands are
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #20
MarkofSJC

As a long-time "lurker" who has been researching this area for over a year, I'd like to add a few observations.

Chassis is key. Newell creates their own, and it can be altered in anyway to accommodate the wishes of the owner - different slide lengths, front or mid-entry door, some or all slides flat floor, etc. Every single other manufacture must work within the restrictions of the "box" they're using as a chassis. This is why Prevost was typically a dual slide offering.

Single Focus/Use. This freedom allows Newell to offer options others can't match. From the small (garbage disposals, trash compactors, murphy beds, etc.) to the large (generator and aquahot exhaust through the roof, steering rear tag axial, generators mounted in front or side locations, active suspension, 240 dryer, heat and cooktop options, etc).

Industrial Grade Everything. If you were to strip away all the glitz and just look at the components being used, Newell always goes over the top. They were featuring heavy duty axials and 365-series tires, disk brakes all around and lots more before most any other manufacturer offered it. I'm fairly certain they've also had higher standards on insulation than anyone else as well. Just the way they construct and power their slide out is still unmatched.

Always An Early Adopter. They don't rest on their laurels, either. Active suspension? Already offered for more than a year. When Allison transmissions couldn't handle the higher output of the 650 engines, they offered a ZF with 12 speeds. No one matches their rear turning tag, which allows the coach incredible maneuverability. I think they were the first or among the first to use tablet to tie all the coach systems into for even greater ease.

Just my two cents!

Mark
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote