Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1998 Double Slide Newell Coach #501 Maybe The Steal of 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #15
Dave-n-Marjorie

I know Jay Its a lot of fun talking about all this stuff, values ect.. Sorry to hear about your brother but glad they are safe. I was actually thinking about this, and should probably start a new post, but am already typing, plus...for some reason I think a lot of people look at this buyer and seller section and will read it anyway. I am sure moderator can move it, its not a problem.

Question is: How do you think a Newell/Prevost bus do in a Tornado? I saw alot of Semi Trucks flipped over, but dont know if they were loaded or not. Plus, they have a higher center of gravity where our storage bays are? We are about to hit the road and I always tell my wife "oh Newells are so much heavier they will be fine". I lived through hurricane charley, ivan, jeanne and frances, in one year, lost the tile roof on my house, fencing, dock, and some condos by me were somewhat collapsed, but my rv at the time (newmar mountain aire diesel) was fine. I believe the winds were about 125 to 130 when we lost the tile roof, and I looked out and the rv was not really even swaying. I did fill all the tanks and bays trying to weight it down. I know the wind speed are so much higher in tornados but never really seen pictures of post tornado rvs at a campground. How safe are we?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Busing View Post
Dave, you know I'm only playing with you. But you may in deed get your way with all these storms wrecking havoc across the country. I have a an unfortunate brother whom lost his home down in Oklahoma to a tornado. They lost the house, rv and you name it. Now they are thinking about buying a nice luxury coach or bus conversion to live in while they regroup. All this ruckus could in general raise prices on all rvs.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote